GERHARD RICHTER (2005)
Groupshow “Flicker!”, at Projekt 0047 in Berlin.
The Groupshow “Flicker!” consisted in 15 successive solo shows. We decided to curate a solo show for Gerhard Richter. The exhibition had 3 parts:
1) A sound piece with recorded telephone calls in broken German, trying to invite Gerhard Richters for a show at the Projekt 0047.
2) A 2 channel video interview with Edith Richter – widow of a late Gerhard Richter who died 07/02/2005.
3) A live performance with 3 five-year-old children putting up the title of the exhibition as a a wall-drawing on the gallery wall.
Excerpt from Calling Gerhard Richter:
– Yes hello, can I speak with Gerhard Richter please?
– He is not there.
– Ah, OK, thanks, bye.
– What’s it about then?
– Yes my name is Ondrej Brody and I am a curator from Berlin and I make an exhibition at the Project Room 0047 and I would very much like invite you and participate in this exhibition.
– Oh well, he is not there, I am sorry…
– Yes, no problem, I will call later.